Managing Clerk (Accountancy)
Salary: 33000 GBP Per Annum
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Your new company
You will work for a leading specialist company based in Laughton, London. Due to continued expansion and development we require an Accounting Technician to work in our well established and busy finance team.
Your new role
As Managing Clerk you will report to the Principal Accountant in a busy finance department. Your job duties will incorporate a diverse range of accounting tasks including: assisting in the preparation of Management Accounts; preparation of VAT returns; intercompany reconciliations; stock reconciliations and analysis; preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and accounts payable duties.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar position
- Assist the principal in handling the work flow.
- Prepare accounting reports and track accounts payable.
- Make ledger entries and ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Liaise with clients and manage with upkeep of payments and related deadlines.
- Reconcile accounts and company financials
- Maintaining profit and loss accounts, budget, cash flow etc.
- Produce financial information for the principal including reports relating to
project costing, activity areas, expenditures and company profitability.
- Oversee and manage the issuing of documents including invoices.
- Monitor accounting systems.
- Supervise, monitor and report on performance of junior staff
- Experience in busy / high volume environment
- Professional qualification or qualified by experience will be considered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.